Research Assistant - salary grade E13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen under the reserve that funds are granted; part-time employment may be possible.
Stellenticket ID: 79999 / Offers from 03/06/20 / closing date for applications 03/07/20
Fakultät VI - Institut für Angewandte Geowissenschaften / FG Ingenieurgeologie
Reference number: VI-298/20 (starting at the earliest possible / until 31.12.2023 / closing date for applications 03/07/20)
- Work within the research project "EnEff: HCBC" : Use of the urban subsurface as a geothermal underground thermal storage, energetic district solution for the university campus Berlin-Charlottenburg
- Geothermal modelling, development of a subsurface model, exploration of potential sites for a geothermal storage in soil
- Experience with geothermal modelling software like Feflow, MOOSE or Comsol
- Investigation of technical solutions for geothermal energy storages in urban districts
- Investigations on integration of geothermal storages in multi-level district heating networks
- Working on questions at the interface between hydrochemical interactions and microbiology
- Interdisciplinary project coordination and cooperation with project partners
- Scientific supervision of practical implementation Tests
- Field work
- Planning and maintenance of monitoring systems, inter alia, with LORAWAN
- Publication of research findings in scientific journals
- Mentoring of student workers and student theses
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in Geotechnology, Engineering Geology, Hydrogeology, Geothermics, Geoecology or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of shallow, urban geothermal systems are required.
- Expertise in numeric simulation of shallow geothermal energy systems: Heat transport and groundwater flow simula- tion is essential.
- Expert knowledge in analysis and interpretation of geological, structural geological and hydrogeological exploration data, preferably for the Berlin area.
- Competent use of GIS applications and data bases is expected.
- Necessary is knowledge of regulatory requirements for geothermal use, especially in Berlin is desirable.
- Experience in cooperation with responsible authorities and companies is desirable.
- Proven experience in publication of reviewed scientific papers and presentation is desirable and an important decision criterion.
- Command of the German and English language spoken and in writing is required.
- Ability to perform field work is essential, f.e. to take groundwater samples.
further information: https://www.ingenieurgeologie.tu-berlin.de/menue/home
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: https://www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Technische Universität Berlin - Der Präsident - Fakultät VI, Institut für Angewandte Geowis- senschaften, FG Ingenieurgeologie, Prof. Dr. Tomas Fernandez-Steeger, Sekr. BH-N 3-1, Ernst- Reuter-Platz 1, 10587 Berlin.
The vacancy is also available on the internet at http://www.personalabteilung.tu-berlin.de/menue/jobs